Friday, December 13, 2013

What do I do now?

First thing in the morning I usually check Facebook, but not today! I am feeling good about this, not completely, but better than yesterday and that is a good sign! I don't know what to do with this free time now, so I feel I should compile a list of what I want to do with my time now. Things that I was slacking on because I spent so much time on Facebook. Yes, that is a good idea. So here goes...


  1. Laundry- Yep, I have a big ol' pile of laundry that I started, but never finished because of that grand distraction!
  2. Morning shower- You read that right! I haven't had a shower in the morning for ages. I have been taking a shower at night before bed, sometimes... Sadly a lot of the time I pass out at 1am after being hypnotized by Facebook and am too tired to do anything else. I know that comes with being a single mom, showers are a luxury, but I know lack of Facebook with mean gain of ME time.
  3. Music- I used to write music. The last song I wrote was in 2011 for my friends memory. This wasn't due to Facebook, maybe it was writers block. But now my mind is going to be more open to my own thoughts! Maybe I will reteach myself the forgotten tunes of my guitar. The poor gal has been sitting in the corner for a long time other than when my musically inclined friends come to town and ask to play.
  4. Walks- My son loves to go for a stroll. I do too. Facebook made me forget how good a breath of fresh air makes me feel. I think I am going to get back to my daily stroll routine. 
  5. Books- I  feel so sad that I have only read to my son a few times. I haven't read a book to myself in who knows how long. 
  6. Friends- I want to go visit friends. Facebook has made my socially awkwardness worse. Time to get back in the world. I need some face time!
  7. Take charge of my health- Exercise and smart eating can and will be put to the side if you are addicted to Facebook. I want to get healthy again.
Yep, time to start that. Man there is so much I can do without facebook taking up my time! This is just a small list. Tell me, what would/ will you do with less Facebook time? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment